View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 17:55   #955
JackSon
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BT Ultrafast Fibre 2
JackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to beholdJackSon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkotron View Post
Blimey, their stock is down 34.91% as of 16:11. I wish I could say that's because of the backlash to their scheme, but unfortunately I think it might be more to do with some board room shifting (I saw somewhere they were planning to change various board rules/start issuing extra shares etc) than the righteous indignation of e.g. the 2,417 people who have signed the Downing Street petition.

2,417 in a few days is pretty impressive for those petitions - it normally takes quite a lot longer for them to get that big. This really seems to have struck a nerve with net users...

[EDIT: Oops, so slooooooow to post ]
I don't know, after reading some of the 'discussion' on that shares site here the bad press does indeed seem to be a definite factor.

A comment by a user on that site was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Ed
very good chance this company could be in big trouble regardless of any legal action taken by users (such action would be against isp not this company)

the problem is the companys model of how it wants to work (cant really call it a business model) is based on snopping and spying on people none who want it.

if people carry on getting upset then it will start to get through to Branson and people at BT and they will drop this and put spin on doing that to win back customers.