View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 16:36   #13173
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
@ weenie. Pat on the back to number 2 son.

We told Peter that we expected him to contribute half his wages, from his first Saturday job in a Coffee Shop, to the household costs he actually believed us and handed over the money. That's when we realised what a thoughtful young man he had become.

I will never forget the look on his face when we handed it back to him along with his normal pocket money. If we had known just how many tips he would get from all the old ladies who wanted to have him as a grandson we may have thought twice. Boy did he rake in the £s .

Oh my goodness Tesco has just called and offered him the job and he accepted, his induction is tomorrow morning at 9 am. Honestly, I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face £9.62 an hour wow that's fantastic for a 16-year-old IMHO.

Home Bargains 16 hours contract split over 4 hour shifts over a 7 day week = £83.52
Tesco 9.5 hours contract Saturday & Sunday 13:00 - 18:00 = £91.39

It really was a no-brainer really in what job he would take if offered between the two but as I have said the choice was his and his alone and IMO he made the right one as Tesco will not interfere with his beloved RAF Cadets (Monday & Thursday) evenings. He wanted to contact Home Bargains now but on the advice, his big brother has given him he will not be contacting Home Bargains until he has done the Tesco induction tomorrow this way he knows what his job will fully entail at Tesco.

BEST NEWS EVER TWO INTERVIEW'S AND TWO JOB OFFERS THAT'S MA BOY

Last edited by weenie; 03-08-2018 at 16:46.
weenie is offline   Reply With Quote