View Single Post
Old 16-12-2017, 13:19   #22
roughbeast
cf.mega poster

Services: Vodafone/City Fibre Gigafast 900
roughbeast has reached the bronze age
roughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze ageroughbeast has reached the bronze age
Re: Strange speeds this morning.

Interesting. I posted recently reporting that the Virgin Media speed test software, that you can install on your PC, was giving me upstream results well over my upstream provisioning. I'm provisioned for 22Mb, but get up to 30Mb regularly. (Just now tested at 27Mb.)

This might be relevant. During the test, it bursts to over 100Mb, drops below 22Mb, but then settles well over 22Mb. On all other multi-thread tests I get the expected 21Mb. I'm guessing there is a problem with the VM software, because my processor remains at 5%.

Is it possible that your processor is getting stressed by the typical flash-based test? It might be worth checking processor usage during the test. Do you get exaggerated bursts of speed? This could suggest a stressed processor.

But, then you say that you get the same results on a file download method. Now, that is puzzling.
roughbeast is offline   Reply With Quote