View Single Post
Old 02-03-2015, 12:08   #273
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Wonky oven door: The stay on one side seemsed to have lost its spring tension and that was allowing the hinge to float out of the frame. I finally worked out how to release the door and got it dismantled to see what the problem was.

The stay works against a strong spring via a pivit, that same force keeps the hinge hooked into the oven casing. The pivot had broken. I drilled out the hole a bit to be able to thread it for a small bolt, cut the thread "tight" so no nut needed. Needed the use of an old valve spring compressor ( A series ) to get the spring short enough to hook the end of the stay over it.

Reassembled door and then with a bit of heaving snapped the stays and hinges back into the frame. Fixed a treat, hopefully for a while.