View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 21:50   #342
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Crisis in the NHS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Once again you focused on half of my statement, overlooking the second part of the statement about alternative approaches.

btw, last Tax Year, as I contracted half the year and was Permie the rest, I paid quite a lot in PAYE and NI, so you can see I have no issue paying tax (I could have drastically reduced my Tax and NI bill by setting up as a Limited Company, but chose not to). Also, I haven’t been to a Party Conference in over 20 years.

How much extra tax would you personally be willing to pay?
What alternative approaches are there? The current set-up is generally free at the point of delivery (bar prescriptions, car-parking/travel to hospitals) and with services funded by tax, NI, land sales, car-parking, shop rents etc. It is delivered by a combination of private and public sector staff.

Are we talking about a system of insurance instead or maybe something that incentivises good healthly lifestyles?

---------- Post added at 21:50 ---------- Previous post was at 21:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
My Nephew is much improved but docs were flummoxed as to what caused him to stop breathing, they said it's possible it could have been his temperature and his white blood cell count was high. They warned it could happen again, so that's not a good thing to be told.

They kept him in overnight but after being taken in the Ambulance at 7pm, they did not get seen till about 11.30pm last night. Utter shambles.
Good news he's home and much improved but a double trauma for everyone involved.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote