View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 14:22   #34
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: It's nearly here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter729 View Post
I have an install date in January, a connection point has been installed and the cable pull has taken place. The ducting which runs up my drive and was installed when the house was built is well and truly blocked, VM know this and have installed the connection point next to the man hole which located on my front garden the cable connecting the Connection point to the house, as I understand it, will be buried in the earth.

On the install date will the Engineer run the cable from the connection point to the house and complete the install, cable, router, set up, etc?
All now up and running I now have 100mbps, the install engineers took about an hour. I only have broadband from VM having decided to dispense with the house phone, the only calls we received on the house phone were spam calls, paying £20 line rental for receiving spam calls seemed like a waste of money, we both have mobiles and we will use them.

I wonder how many people have a house phone that is seldom used?????

The benefits of moving to VM are

I have faster broadband, 76 to 100mbps
I have saved myself £176 a year

Last edited by Peter729; 11-01-2018 at 14:27.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote