View Single Post
Old 23-11-2015, 10:30   #1
tshukla
Inactive

tshukla is an unknown quantity at this point
Virgin Media for Freesat

Hi All,
I had virgin media connection at my place earlier. I discontinued hte service, opted for SKy internet and got a samsung SMT-S7800 FreeSAT box.(I had to do this as our building has only Virgin connection and do not allow new sky antenna connection)

I had 2 coaxial cables running in my flat, one which connected to virgin TiVo and other to Internet wireless hub.

I carried out following steps for installing the samsung freesat box:
- I chose to connect the internet cable (ethernet cable) of Sky to the Freesat box
- Connected the one coaxial cable the used to run to the virgin tiVo to freesat box
- Connected the other coaxial cable that used to run to the virgin wireless hub to the other socket of the freesat box

After all the connections, I get a momentary display of HDD not ready! followed by HDD ready message but I constantly get an error "Cannot receive this programme. Please check connection".

Could you please advise what am I doing wrong? Will I not get to view any freesat channels using this samsung freesat box and my earlier virgin media connection within the building. Any help/advise will be of great help!
tshukla is offline   Reply With Quote