Thread: V+ Samsung V+ box
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018, 17:22   #18
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
Re: Samsung V+ box

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I only record what I want to watch, and when I have watched it, I delete it. Currently, my two V6 boxes are about 85% full and I use my DVD recorder to watch the main terrestrial channels. That has plenty on it as well.

I record everything in HD, which means instead of being able to store 500 hours of programmes on each V6, I can only store 120 hours. When you think that just recording one series of 22 programmes uses nearly a quarter of your total capacity, that isn't very much.

I watch only about 2.5 hours of TV a night most nights, and about 5 hours per night Saturdays and Sundays. So over the winter months, the number of recordings builds up, and I can reduce the list during the summer when there is very little that is worthwhile watching.

I also supplement my viewing with material from Netflix and Amazon, so it takes me longer to work through the list.

The way I use the V6 is exactly the way that Virgin Media advocate, so I do think it is incumbent on them to provide equipment which is fit for that purpose. If UHD channels ultimately come along, 1TB will be totally inadequate for recording in UHD.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

I agree it's not controversial. It is just incorrect.
I would never catch up that amount of content .
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote