Thread: V+ Samsung V+ box
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018, 16:49   #17
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Samsung V+ box

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
BEWARE CONTROVERSIAL STATEMENT
1TB is more than enough for those who use the box to record and watch programs.
For those that see it as an archive box - WHY?
I only record what I want to watch, and when I have watched it, I delete it. Currently, my two V6 boxes are about 85% full and I use my DVD recorder to watch the main terrestrial channels. That has plenty on it as well.

I record everything in HD, which means instead of being able to store 500 hours of programmes on each V6, I can only store 120 hours. When you think that just recording one series of 22 programmes uses nearly a quarter of your total capacity, that isn't very much.

I watch only about 2.5 hours of TV a night most nights, and about 5 hours per night Saturdays and Sundays. So over the winter months, the number of recordings builds up, and I can reduce the list during the summer when there is very little that is worthwhile watching.

I also supplement my viewing with material from Netflix and Amazon, so it takes me longer to work through the list.

The way I use the V6 is exactly the way that Virgin Media advocate, so I do think it is incumbent on them to provide equipment which is fit for that purpose. If UHD channels ultimately come along, 1TB will be totally inadequate for recording in UHD.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:45 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Not at all controversial.

If you are away for 2 weeks, the number of football and rugby matches to record will more than fill a 1Tb box in HD recordings.
I agree it's not controversial. It is just incorrect.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote