View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 17:52   #1517
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

i cant seem to find the reference now, but i seem to recall seeing a text that stated the Phorm Kit was infact NOT accessable to the ISP techs/staff.

that it was infact, a closed system that Phorm personel and only they could telnet/remote access in to these boxes and administer as required.

but it was said that they would not do so unless authorised by the ISP staff....

its not in the
http://yro.slashdot.org/comments.pl?...2&pid=22777122

and its strange that that thread hasnt gone anywere given the contents such as this.

"by anticypher (48312) <anticypher@gma[ ]com ['il.' in gap]> on Monday March 17, @04:37PM
"Here are the notes I took from a sales pitch to a client.

Although NDAs were passed around, all of the technical and business consulting staff refused to sign them, so this information is freely available and can in no way be considered a trade secret.

Some of my notes come from other people's observations in the ensuing PR war. "
"Phorm has addressed the main part of pesky privacy laws in Europe by "gifting" the collection equipment to the ISP using a standard 5 year depreciation schedule.

The interception and initial filtering kit officially becomes property of the ISP, but is installed, maintained, configured and run by Phorm's technical team.

If the equipment stays 5 years in the ISP's premises, then it becomes the full property of the ISP.

The ISP can claim to privacy oversight groups that the equipment belongs to them, and that all the personal information hasn't left their network should post-analysis show the customer has "opted-out" of passing the information to Phorm's China-based servers.

The data is still captured and analyzed, just not all of it is passed to Phorm.
"
"The problem I, and others, had with Phorm's plan was that they leave some kind of HTML trick code running in the browser session to track all subsequent web traffic and to allow them to intercept anything they believe to be relevant"

anyone seen and got the text reference for the no ISP personel access to the kit?.

and its strange given the ISP wont fully own the kit until 5 years is up.

PS, i noticed earlyer, PRphorm was reading but didnt take the time to comment on any posts since his last PR'ed post here