View Single Post
Old 20-10-2017, 21:55   #18
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them
Re: Are VM frontline staff now discouraged from escalating customer issues?

When I worked in a call center for a well known mobile phone provider it was frowned upon to escalate a matter to a supervisor or anyone higher the attitude towards agents were if an agent escalates then the agent is not doing their job properly and would be discouraged from doing so therefore as it is expected for the first line agents to sort everything out.
Sometimes supervisors etc would refuse to accept an escalation leaving customers livid and the agent getting an ear bashing from the customer and employer for asking for an escalation. I have seen agents reduced to tears it can be a very difficult and stressful job.
Also I wonder if they just wanted to get you off the phone not to be disrespectful to you but so that they could reach their calls handled target? Where I was if a call exceeded a certain time regardless of how complex the call maybe the call handler would be penalised.
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote