View Single Post
Old 18-05-2017, 10:26   #547
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
There's a huge problem coming up because at the moment the bank of mum and dad is increasingly helping their adult offspring to get on the housing ladder and I doubt very much that this current generation of beneficiaries will be in the same position when it's their turn. If that's the case we're going to increasingly find that the number of older people with assets is to pay for all the social care they need is going to reduce. That'll mean everyone will have to make up the difference via taxation.

I think we all need to accept that social care has to be paid for and is creating massive extra costs for and pressures on the NHS which it can well do without so any investment in it will be money well spent IMHO. I see no reason why this shouldn't be paid for out of extra income tax or indeed out of something a tad more imaginative like a lottery which I'm sure a lot of people would find a very worthy cause indeed, even if they choose not to support the current lottery.
Bloody hell, are you feeling alright today? like Theresa clobbering pensioners, you're almost talking sense. The young generation are being given a very bad deal ; being asked to support rich pensioners benefits, none of which they'll get themselves, if they ever can retire.

No need to vote Labour, TM herself is the opposition to the Tory party. The comments from irate pensioners in the Fail and Torygraph are very amusing.

---------- Post added at 10:26 ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
taxing the dead eh
i'll see the taxman in hell then ,bring a cold drink
The HMRC are coming for you Smurf