View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 14:42   #792
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
But you criticised Miliband for criticising the decision. That's what I was referring too. People do claim people didn't know what they were voting for when voting Labour, saying they were tricked, same with the Yes campaign for Independence in Scotland.

As for the wider point I think people put too much faith in the idea that because the decision was taken democratically that the process would prove to be easier than it has been. The issue of the EU was not settled and put to bed in the referendum, it is probably more divisive than the issue has ever been, but it did set us on a course to leave which neither of the main parties has actually opposed.
No I criticised him specifically for claiming we didn't know what we were voting for. He's entitled to disagree with the outcome but not to patronise all of us who voted to leave.

The EU is an exemplar for complexity, bureaucracy and over-complication - I don't know anyone who thought the process would a) be easy or b) be made easy by the EU who've always made it clear that they don't like their vision of the future and authority challenged.

---------- Post added at 14:38 ---------- Previous post was at 14:37 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimUpNorth View Post
I've bookmarked this post as one day you might need reminding of the bit in bold .

Cheers

Dave
Feel free to be disappointed then.

If Labour win that'll be the least of your concerns and if they don't you'll have to put up with the Tories again.

---------- Post added at 14:42 ---------- Previous post was at 14:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
It's ok, I will do that if there is actually power running and I am not starving to death, i.e Venezuela style hunger.
Yeah lol.

People like Corbyn spend their lives banging on about Cuba, Venezuela etc. yet have precious little to say about them now. Many of their supporters either don't seem to care about how wrong they were or just can't admit it because to do so would only highlight the fact.