View Single Post
Old 16-11-2017, 14:21   #788
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Brexit discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Point missed. They really can dislike the decision as much as they like - spend the rest of their lives being bitter and twisted about it for all I care. What I object to is their constant attempts to undermine and overturn the process which was legitimately agreed upon and executed at the referendum. If Labour won the next election I'd be horrified but I would start claiming people didn't know what they were voting for and trying to challenge the result.
But you criticised Miliband for criticising the decision. That's what I was referring too. People do claim people didn't know what they were voting for when voting Labour, saying they were tricked, same with the Yes campaign for Independence in Scotland.

As for the wider point I think people put too much faith in the idea that because the decision was taken democratically that the process would prove to be easier than it has been. The issue of the EU was not settled and put to bed in the referendum, it is probably more divisive than the issue has ever been, but it did set us on a course to leave which neither of the main parties has actually opposed.