View Single Post
Old 23-02-2017, 17:58   #429
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
You lost me there martyh, I can't recall any previous democratic vote for remaining in the EU or any compaigns against that fictional vote.

I do recall a Labour Government back in the 70's being elected on a manefesto of taking us out of the EEC, changing tack to remain in and like the recent referendum blatantly lying with false information. Is this the demorcratic vote you are referring to?
we had a referendum in 1975 and the result was to remain in the EEC as the EU was known then .A lot of posters are constantly banging on about respecting the result of the democratic process so by that logic we would not have had a second referendum .If people campaign or voice dissent against a democratic decision that is not disrespect for the decision ,that is democracy in action

---------- Post added at 17:58 ---------- Previous post was at 17:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The law allows him to issue executive orders. There are Visa waiver restrictions just for visiting certain countries. They were put in place more than a year ago by Senate, Congress, and by Obama/ and all legal and not discriminatory for some mysterious reason.
Yes it does but Trump and the republicans absolutely slated Obama for using EO's ,they called him Emperor Obama and denounced the use of EOs as a threat to constitutional governance and i seem to remember one of Obama's EOs on immigration being overturned by the courts.Trump is nothing but a hypocrite and should practice what he and his party preached to Obama