Thread: Re-Usable Water
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 15:29   #15
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Re-Usable Water

Not me, I'm not stupid enough to risk my health..Wiki says it all with this line
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Simple procedures such as boiling or the use of a household activated carbon filter are not sufficient for treating all the possible contaminants
The water we drink from the taps normally has gone through a number of processes starting with filtration, deionization (or at very least a high pressure fed reverse osmosis which does both purposes) and finally a disinfection (various methods) which removes
Quote:
Originally Posted by wikipedia
Possible pathogens include viruses, bacteria, including Salmonella, Cholera, Campylobacter and Shigella, and protozoa, including Giardia lamblia and other cryptosporidia
Not all water in the world needs such processes especially from underground sources but they have been filtered through the rocks which acts as a filter/deioniser but water from a surface run-off (lake, river, roof fed water butt) definitely will need all the above
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote