View Single Post
Old 12-10-2017, 15:04   #2233
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
He has not done anything that negative that justifies such a high % of negative coverage that I’m aware of. It is just stupid hysteria. He is the democratically elected President that beat the one who was favourite to win.
Again, yes, he won. That he won has nothing to do with his performance so far, which has been banal, or the manner in which he has conducted himself which has also been banal.

I entirely agree he's getting a hard time. He may wish to try and avoid blatantly lying and getting some medication to control his narcissism and his temper so that he doesn't constantly make such an ass of himself with such regularity.

Under normal circumstances such people are perhaps mocked a little. That he is the democratically elected President is exactly why he receives that hard time he does.

If he shuts his mouth, gets off Twitter, stops kicking off fights with his own party, stops insulting people and behaves like an adult who knows, perhaps he'll have more on his achievement list than a variety of executive orders, many of which are being legally challenged, having Sean Hannity as his head sycophant, and his ability to soak up the adoration of his cult at rallies.

The man is at very least strongly authoritarian, unable to handle criticism, unable to take on board other viewpoints and unable to make fact-based decisions. He is utterly inappropriate for his office without extensive delegation of powers, and much of the power he has delegated has been delegated to those appointed based on nepotism, not merit.

If the man can't handle the job, and it's abundantly clear he can't given the amount of public release valves he needs, he should resign. I despise the idea of President Pence as his beliefs are anathema to me for the most part, but most of all because he may actually be competent enough to implement some of his agenda, but Trump is of no benefit to anyone besides as a figurehead for the extreme and the ignorant taken in by his lies. The US are the only superpower right now and it's their job to provide stability to the world. They can't do that with a leader that is so utterly unstable and erratic. One whose biggest achievement has been to divide his own nation like never before.

Last edited by Ignitionnet; 12-10-2017 at 15:07.