View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 20:12   #14
adzii_nufc
Rafalution

adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
adzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appealadzii_nufc has a bronzed appeal
Re: Top 100 films of the 21st century

I tend to use comedy reviews before I watch them

You can thank the likes of Adam Sandler and his mates for pushing out utter crap every year. Steve Carell, Will Ferrell. Anything Melissa McCarthy plays a lead role in, you know, the generic American comedy released every other month.

Not every comedy of course, I tend to trust people like Jonah Hill, Bradley Cooper, Jesse Eisenberg, Simon Pegg and so on whom have produced some amazing comedies - The Hangover, Zombieland, Jump street.

It's just as soon as I see your typical American generic comedy trailer, there's no way I'm wasting my time without getting a good idea of how good/bad it is.

I'm not on the Adam Sandler hate wagon either though. It's become blatant now he cares little about quality and making a good movie, instead favoring getting a steady income. Early movies I enjoyed but may not stand up today, Little Nicky, Happy Gilmore etc. Even Bulletproof, which was destroyed by critics. I've seen quality comedy movies produced on a shoestring budget compared the the £100 million budget generic crap and the lower ones significantly outscore the other, In Bruges and What we do in the shadows to name two.

Besides that, critics are useless, hilariously low scores like 1/10-3.5/10 should be reserved for Tommy Wiseau, so seeing even half bad movies being dropped that low is insulting to think it's on the same level as something like 'The Room' arguably one of the worst movies ever made. Which actually stands at 3.5/10 with a budget of 6 million, if anyone could elaborate how he even spent such a figure for such a stinking piece of crap, i'd love to know.

Last edited by adzii_nufc; 06-09-2016 at 20:19.
adzii_nufc is offline   Reply With Quote