View Single Post
Old 31-10-2012, 08:17   #25
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
I adore Science Fiction..but frankly most of the SF films produced at the moment are just plain total tat..full of 2 dimensional people and all about special effects.

I tend to be serious about my SF and I don't actually read any comic books and frankly the science in them is crap.However this is what seems to be leading the SF film market.That and endlessly franchised crap.

The last really good SF film that had any real worth was Gattaca..it did what SF is suppose to do.It explored ideas and shunned action.Dialogue and plot were all and the acting was superb.But then a film with Jude Law,Ethan Hawke would bound to have good acting.What's more it's a believable just possible futuristic view of a future world.

Sadly I cannot see how a 7th film of a increasingly ridiculous franchise with be really worth making let alone viewing especially if cutesy wutesy Disney are involved.

Don't get me wrong I loved Star Wars and Star Trek but I have grown up and I now want some really good SF.I am fed up with Hollywood milking the continuous franchises and spin offs and reboots.

I want something NEW. And thank heavens there was NEVER a Blade Runner 2...
What always makes me laugh about "adults" that review Star Wars films and then have a go a them for not being gritty enough etc.etc.etc.

Is that the Star Wars films are for kids, and are squarely aimed at kids, and George Lucas has repeatedly emphasised that is what they are about.

They were supposed to be a return to Sat morning kids adventures like Flash Gordan and Buck Rogers.

If you want dark gritty sci-fi, see Prometheus or Sci-fi that makes you think see Source Code.

The reason the prequels got panned is because all the 8 -12years olds that watched the original trilogy were now all in their late 30's and couldn't differentiate anymore.

Although they had their flaws, as did the original trilogy, I thought the prequels were good fun.

I look forward to the new films.

---------- Post added at 08:17 ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tizmeinnit View Post
Ive just had my belief structure wrecked. Now I love Bladerunner and I think it is easily one of the best films ever made and I am sure I saw all versions but I just read an interview where Ridley Scott says Deckard was a Nexus 6. Now I never got that from the films maybe I should have read the book
Unicorn?