View Single Post
Old 31-10-2012, 01:26   #22
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
Well,he is staying on as a creative consultant
So long as he is not writing or directing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
The three 'new' SW films were dire. Why make more? The originals have never been, and never will be improved upon.
The three prequels were dire because Lucas did it all himself, with shoddy writing and excessive CGI.

I read a while back that his ex-wife was allegedly an important part of the original trilogy, as she provided a reality check of sorts. With her gone when the prequels were made, and with Lucas writing and directing all three himself instead of letting others be involved, there was no one there anymore to say "Actually, George, that's a really stupid idea...".

Why make more? Money, of course It's a ridiculously enormous franchise.

Will they be better than the originals? Probably not, but who knows... Depends on who writes and directs, and how free they are of Lucas' influence.

I can't see them being as bad as the prequels, though.

I actually have faith in Disney for these, given how well it has handled the Marvel franchise. Just a pity Joss Whedon will be tied up with The Avengers... I'd love a Whedonised Star Wars...

Plenty of other directors though who I think could give it a good shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Maggy, try

Moon
Galaxy Quest
District 9
12 Monkeys
Primer
Good list

I'd also add Looper.

---------- Post added at 00:26 ---------- Previous post was at 00:21 ----------

Oh, and something I mentioned elsewhere earlier... I would really *love* it if this meant that we may finally get the *Original* trilogy on Blu-ray. I can dream...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote