View Single Post
Old 14-03-2013, 23:06   #113
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Disney buys Lucasfilm, Star Wars Episode 7 due in 2015 & more after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
What I'm talking about is the amount of films they produce,and which could cheapen the brand by having too many of them,a point which unfortunately went over your head.

By the way,your point about re-releases is wrong since Disney have always managed to keep their classics under lock and key and doing limited releases only,especially on VHS and DVD. Some films were hugely sought after on DVD,and Disney knew how to hold back on releases until the ideal moment had come.

So yes,Disney won't necessarily cheapen the brand...
You believe Disney won't make unnecessary films to cash in on Star Wars? Look up how many of their classics have two or three direct to video or DVD sequels. You'll find it's quite a few.

As for the limited releases, that is good business sense. They re-release the classics every 7-10 years (which ensures a good number of kids are available to enjoy the re-release) and limit the releases, which ensures demand.

I am not saying that companies cashing in on films is a bad thing (something which appears to have gone over your head), just that I don't believe for a second they won't cash in.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote