View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 16:29   #13
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
Re: Office 365/Outlook problem

Nearly all sorted, just one slight problem importing email folders to new laptop.

Main PC has Windows Live Mail and Outlook 2016 installed.

I was able to export all the folders I wanted from Live Mail to a .pst file and then successfully imported those into Outlook 2016 on the main PC without any problems.

However when I tried to import them into Outlook 2016 on the laptop I encountered a snag.

First of all I copied the Outlook.pst folder from my main desktop PC to the Outlook files folder on the new laptop over my home network.

I then attempted to import them into Outlook 2016. This also seemed to be going fine until it choked on one single folder which includes 3 sub folders. Every other folder imported perfectly but this one threw up this warning.

'The items in the 'Events Group 2017' folder cannot be imported/exported. Your chosen folder name is invalid.
This is most likely because you included your IMAP servers hierarchy delimiter in the name of the folder.'

I haven't altered any of the folder names and had no problem when importing them from Win Live Mail to Outlook 2016 on my desktop.????

AFAIK I didn't alter the names of any of the folders, is there any way I can remove this 'delimiter'

Any suggestions as there are quite a lot of messages in these folders.

Jim.

Edit. Would simply renaming the folders work?

Last edited by iadom; 04-01-2018 at 16:48.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote