View Single Post
Old 16-12-2017, 11:40   #4917
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Hi raging bull.

My husband is deaf, he wears 2 hearing aids which let him hear loud sounds but don't help at all with hearing what people say. He relies on lip reading and gets very frustrated when we are with people who mumble or don't face him, or on seeing the aids, talk to him as though he is simple.

As far as subtitles are concerned he finds them extremely frustrating and distracting as they rarely give an accurate reflection of what he knows is being said.
I totally agree with everything you've said. I also wear 2 hearing aids which allows me to hear certain sounds. Even at the cinema( IMAX) the sound can be deafeningly loud but I still can't understand a word that is being said. I can not watch anything without subtitles nor watch anything that is live as the subtitles just don't seem to work and it gets too frustrating, so tend to wait for the repeats which will have the correct timed subtitles.

Even those that know me still don't accommodate and speak a bit louder which is also annoying. You get fed up asking people to repeat themselves to the point you just nod and say yeah all the time.