Thread: 350M Upstream congestion
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 18:15   #32
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road
Re: Upstream congestion

It's more that it affects the latency that is the real concern for me. I'm not too fussed that the upload speed drops, but when it does, the average latency always rises. So anything latency sensitive, gaming etc. is just, well, crap.

Which has got me thinking, do I really need 350Mb? I don't generally tend to download loads, it's nice to have when I need to download a game or another large file but latency is more important to me now. If it is was more consistent then I'd be happy with it, as I have been for the last 10 years, until recently. I could downgrade to say a 100Mb but then I'll be tied into another 12 month contract, which with how the connection is at the moment, I don't particularly wish to do.

A FTTC/VDSL2 connection is looking more appealing at the moment, just for the potentially more consistent latency. But then there'll be the cost of getting out of the current contract with VM, which I don't think has too much longer to run.

Oh and whilst I'm having a mini rant, I did eventually get a reply from the complaints team. Completely ignored what I wrote in the email I sent to the CEO and focused solely on the SNR fault. Which wasn't even present at the time I sent the email.

Last edited by Jon22; 14-01-2018 at 18:19.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote