View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 04:01   #17
kalleh
cf.addict

kalleh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Upstream congestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
I did consider it, actually had an order placed with PlusNet but cancelled it. Would of had to pay probably £200 to get out of contract with Virgin and even then, the BT master socket is in the wrong place and would ideally require moving. Otherwise I would of been relying on wifi for everything as there is no easy to way to run ethernet to where I would want it. Powerline was no good, connection was intermittent at best going from the nearest socket to a socket upstairs.

My suggestion would to take your congestion issues up with the CEO office if it continues for longer to at minimum free you from your contract. If you go with a FTTC you can request a move of the master socket which would cost £99 I believe (Or if they are charging you the fee for the new line and an engineer is attending he might move it no issues.)

Depends how reliant on latency and peering you are plusnet were actually really good for me 14ms latency 0 jitter but when it came to 7-12pm on a nightly basis i'd lose half my speed on download and the ping would be worse. Seemed to be a BTWholesale issue at the exchange.

I've moved to IDNet who are switching me over to the TTB Network which will sort out those issues.

Just for a little advice as far as congestion goes.. I have vm business also my other line 350mb regularly until recently when 24 downstreams(from 16) were added i was getting drops in peak times on download to around 180-220. I was told this was to be 'accepted' and this is from business support.

Can only imagine from VM residential aslong as your download is fine they are gonna literally do nothing till they get X amount of complaints from customers in your area.
kalleh is offline   Reply With Quote