View Single Post
Old 19-02-2008, 13:19   #78
hokkers999
cf.addict

hokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to beholdhokkers999 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin Media Ad Deal - Would you be opting out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
I assume that both VM and Phorm will make money on the ads we click on that have been pushed on us by Phorm?

If this is the case, do what I do and don't give them an incentive to push these things on us. Make it uneconomical for them to continue this 'service' by not clicking on any pop-up or embedded ads. As soon as the click-throughs and hence the revenue streams dry up they'll have to reconsider.

I'll opt out, but I also have a personal policy of NEVER clicking on-screen ads. If I want something, I'll find it myself.

I'm still heavily against my browsing habits being tracked by a 3rd party and will be contacting VM as soon as more details become available.
Or do the exact opposite and click on EVERY ad on the screen! Why? The advertiser pays for that click, when they have to pay for millions of clicks and never get any income eventually they'll get the message...