View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 18:31   #38
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Talking Pictures in trouble again for broadcasting words offensive to black peopl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
The subject is not Brexit. Brexit is, i think, one result of people feeling annoyed at being told what to believe, and a concerted effort by the papers to blame the EU for everything (including us being told what to believe, what to find offensive etc). It's not generally the EU telling us this (in my experience).

But, that is off topic.

I think people (especially now) are too quick to get offended, and in my experience, both left and right wing people are too quick to get offended.

Do I wish for a return of the old days when we could happily walk down the street calling people various combinations of words beginning with N, P and F (all of which are now offensive) while wolf whistling all the women? No. Nor do I wish to be in a situation where we have potentially innocent people losing their career because someone said they said something someone was offended by.
The problem is, as usual, it has gone too far. We need to reign this all in a bit, stop deliberately being offensive, but also stop reacting in a ridiculous fashion to innocent statements and jokes.

I am really non-plussed about the fuss over Talking Pictures. Clearly, culture and standards change over the years. Are we going to ban everything from the 1990s and before?

We really need to get a grip and get over ourselves.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote