View Single Post
Old 30-12-2017, 09:10   #69
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
reasonable rate how many times have sky been told off by Ofcom for overcharging Arthur more than 1 put it that way they offered a high rate knowing no sensible company would pay it

---------- Post added at 00:58 ---------- Previous post was at 00:44 ----------

would have lot less channels no way they would got the hd channels without selling they channels to sky most VM customers complained about not having the HD channels and I was one of them I say again VM did right thing on this
Actally, we agree on both points!

However, I would just add that VM should never have had to face the position of having to sell its channels to get this deal.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
You pay good money you have the right to expect a good service in return, on a good news info has filtered through to me today vm will be getting SA and the hd variant early 2019 once SA is on other platforms.
No news on AMC yet, our sources say BT have no interest in dealing with vm at this time, we think this is due to VMs childish behaviour over eiresport but we have no doubt vm and bt will sort things out eventually.
We expect VM to focus more on VOD in 2018 and we think this will be the scenerio for other platforms too, we also expect Discovery uhd to launch in 2018 on SKY and VM, Nat geo are another who we think will launch a UHD service.
By service we mean it could be a channel or vod content, we don't think Amazon will appear on v6 in 2018 but we expect vm to pick up more scraps i mean shows no one else wants.
We have heard that vm are trialing faster broadband too i will keep you all posted on this as much as i can.
Thank you for the update, theone - that's better news on Sky Atlantic.

I certainly do agree that on demand services is where the expansion of content will take place in the future, and this is likely to be the means by which we receive our future UHD programming.

I hope you are wrong about Amazon! I think the sticking point might be related to the Amazon channels.