View Single Post
Old 29-12-2017, 22:56   #66
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Lets summarise this people as I drink my second bottle of wine:

1) Sky do offer Sky Atlantic to VM but they offer a rip off price
2) VM don't want to buy Sky Atlantic as they're cheap and are trying to increase profits as i believe Liberty want to push profits up in the UK business to either balance the books elsewhere or make vm more attractive to purchase
3) Sky and BT will get other directors who will honestly believe in their stupidity withholding channels from the other even one stupid channel will get more money for their company by getting new subscribers. This daft policy rolls around in cycles. It will be the next directors "opinion" once this current direction of detente fails. They'll be on 200k a year with this bold new approach and i'm barely on 25k and living in my mums boxroom
4) Premier league rights will increase
5) Streaming services will multiply so the likes of just having amazon, netflix won't be enough. Disney will activate one. NBC will. Shows will start getting squeezed between more providers so it'll cost about 70 quid to get all the streaming shows. So the difference between that and normal cable or satelite will decrease
6) one or more of streaming companies will buy or be bought by a tv provider so the status quo remains
7) people will continue to move to streaming sites and cutting the cord but we must realise that it is cheaper sometimes to get tv and internet with broadband providers. Most people over 40 will not touch this. My sister is 36 and couldnt just deal with streaming sites. My mum is in her 60s and definitely couldnt. We're about 30 years from this actually happening though sports may head over there shortly.
8) price increases
9) this forum continuing to be a beautiful place for us all to share the joy and love of price increases and unexpected joys/disappointments.

These are my predictions. If i get 5 out of 9 right call me Lord Vincent of cableforum.

Now lets all hug and make up and I bless you all for 2018. I love you all. It'll be a fantastic show of terrible disappointments and much laughter

Last edited by vincerooney; 29-12-2017 at 22:57. Reason: .