View Single Post
Old 27-02-2017, 14:28   #492
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
He certainly was anti-globalist in this campaign rhetoric. However is there much evidence of him taking that approach before then? He wasn't shy about outsourcing his products to Asian countries, rather than American ones, as a businessman. Now he has appointed bankers to senior positions. Surely if you believe these people are in cahoots then senior members of Goldman Sachs would be part of it.

As a sidenote I find it bizarre how quickly the right has become the cheerleaders for protectionism.

I've already voiced my unease about Goldman Sachs representatives being involved in an earlier post, with relevant comments on it.

I don't see it as protectionism at this point in time. He's doing what any sensible US leader should do; bringing jobs back to the US, that greedy companies have outsourced to other countries to up their profits by using cheap labour. Once we leave the EU, Britain should do the same, wherever it can. Sadly UK governments don't have the same clout as the US does in this area. Also, we have different circumstances.

He has promised to do fair trade deals with other countries.

It's true that we need to monitor these trade deals,, especially, for us, the UK one. But speculating on them, before they even begin is pointless.