View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 11:22   #23
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Carillion Crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I find myself agreeing with you, Maggy. I hope the government will take this collapse as a prompt to change things that need to be changed. For example, those who do not pay up on time should be held to account, so that the company to be paid can apply immediately for enforcement of the payment, with a fine for each day the bill remained unpaid. The company not paying should face a drastic penalty if it had not done so within three months of the order, such as a compulsory winding up. Pensions should not be capable of being plundered by companies - they should be required to pay all pension payments into a government agency for safe keeping and eventual payouts. And so on.

Many of our problems could be resolved by quite simple measures which would bolster discipline and stop the abuse of the law by companies.
The trouble is governments of the last 20 years have become too Laissez-faire IMO as governments when it is right need to intervene more instead of leaving it to unfettered capitalist economics.