View Single Post
Old 16-01-2018, 06:58   #191
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I can assure you from various review sources the SKYQ is far superior to the V6, the v6 is a cracking bit of kit though but nowhere near the level of SKYQ.
As for broadband another thing vm are starting to fall behind on with companies like hyperoptic, gigaclear having 1gbs service and BT, Talktalk and SKY rolling out 330mbs too.
Although i was chatting to a vm engineer today just a passing chat he was cabling up a neighbour and i asked him about vms bb and he said they're trialing faster speeds but he not allowed to say what.
I think it's the 1gbs i mentioned at the final quarter of last year.
Sky Q and the V6 both do much the same thing, so I don't believe the reviews that put the Sky Q ahead. I do think the Sky Q UI is better, but that's not the fault of the V6.

The main difference that I can see is that whereas you get a V6 for every room so you have your own recordings on each box, which are all linked together, with the Sky Q you have these mini-boxes which take their recordings from just one box.

What are the other significant differences?