View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018, 21:56   #187
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Given that VM have embraced Netflix, I really find it hard to understand why it is that we haven't got more apps.

Clearly, Amazon has thrown up some issues because it now includes some Amazon channels that duplicate what is on VM, but if the app is only made available to 'Full House' subscribers who pay VM for the duplicate channels in their packages, I fail to see what the problem is.

Streaming is the future (though some may opt out) and Virgin need to embrace it fully so that all these services are available on their box. That would be their USP, together with their fast broadband service.

Hopefully, 2018 will start to bring all this to fruition, with UHD coming to us through these services and also by way of on demand.
I thought this was the whole point of the tivo v6. Virgin Media are usually so lazy and don't really do anything unless they have to. Yet they launched a superior product to Sky Q (in my eyes), brag about their broadband speeds being so great but don't actually take advantage of the tivo v6.

i assume laziness has set in again rather than exploiting the quality of the v6 and their broadband speeds by offering a wide range of apps. How can amazon reject it?

"hey amazon will you let us offer your app on our tivo so people can buy and watch your shows?"
"no...we dont want to make money"

Has to be laziness or cheap virgin since liberty rammed in and decided "lets increase prices massively above inflation each year but never try to challenge other services"

Last edited by vincerooney; 15-01-2018 at 21:56. Reason: .