View Single Post
Old 27-11-2013, 21:03   #102
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed as my idea of horror would be The Evil Dead.
I quite enjoy The Evil Dead, I would say that my favourite would probably be the original The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In my eyes, that film is just unrelenting on all fronts and is just pure psychological horror. I love all "types" of horror though, Halloween (pure suspense) Rosemary's Baby (slow burning creepiness through out) and "tasteful" non-excessively gory horror i.e. Martyrs.

I find that modern horror movies are very unoriginal and I feel as if they are trying to force the fear on to me, rather than letting me feel it for myself. Hence the feeling of tameness. Failing that, all that seems to be pumped out these days is "torture p%^n" i.e Saw series, Hostel etc.

Am rather disappointed with the Netflix selection of horror, but I am sure it will improve in time.