View Single Post
Old 21-03-2018, 13:51   #3989
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: What have you just bought?

Motor car insurance x 2.

We were with Admiral, and this time last year our car insurance with them was quoted at £623 (for both cars - a Ford Focus Estate and a Ford KA+) - after a discussion, we got it reduced to £419, so we were quite happy with this.

Just got the renewal through, and it had gone up to £766 - quite an increase from £419; so, I rang them up, and after some discussions, the lowest they could offer me was £660 - I said I would think about it.

I rang around, and the best quote I got (for both cars, and for the same level of cover including replacement hire car, NCD protection, legal protection, and zero excess (compulsory and voluntary)) was from DirectLine for £410; reader, I bought it...

Moral of the story - always shop around when renewals occur, whether it is utilities or insurance...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote