Thread: New Windows?
View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 21:34   #18
mart44
Inactive

mart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation eramart44 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: New Windows?

If Microsoft were to start charging for updates at some time in the future, I suppose I would change to Linux. However, I switched to Windows 10 when it was released in July 2015. If it goes on for another 2½ years without charges for new features/updates (hopefully longer), I'd still have had around 5 years free use of what I reckon is a good OS.

I don't worry about telemetry. I'm one of millions of W.10 home users and would have to think myself pretty important for Microsoft to actually home in on my computer and spy on me in the true sense of the word. I have the opinion that telemetry just feeds back how the OS is used rather than it being pure spying. There have been no detrimental effects to life in general from letting it continue. Nonetheless, for those worried about telemetry, I read there are ways and means of preventing it.
mart44 is offline   Reply With Quote