View Single Post
Old 27-12-2017, 19:30   #21
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Without being controversial i want my EPG clogged up. I want more channels. I want daft channels. I want silly channels. I want to be drunk watching the dog channel or whatever.

At least i can justify price increases then.

At the moment the worst thing virgin media should do is go for original content on demand. Its terribly expensive and they would need to BID big money to beat the likes of sky and BT. What happens if they bid big? PRICE INCREASES!!

Look at the on demand content they've got exclusively. Absolute tosh. I bet some of the recent price increases were for that rubbish.

Give access to netflix and amazon and if people want additional stuff do it through there. Otherwise fill my EPG up with crap and let me enjoy
I'm not quite sure I understand where you're coming from there, Vince. You describe VM's exclusive 'on demand' content as 'absolute tosh' and yet you also indicate that you want the EPG filled up with any old junk! How does that make any sense?

Personally, I would like to see the rubbish junk channels weeded out altogether because to my mind, a subscription to a cable TV service should bring you quality viewing. However, it doesn't.

I remember the disappointment when we first got cable and could only find one thing that we liked on the very first evening. So £££s later, we ended up watching terrestrial TV that night.

It really shouldn't be like this. It should be more like the Netflix experience, where you have so much to watch, you don't know where to start.

So I say, get rid of the junk and concentrate on good quality programmes with as much choice as possible. That will inevitably reduce the number of channels but give you more genuine choice.

I'm afraid there's no room in my dream for 'The Dog Channel'!

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Indeed but that is the same with all the other platforms as well.
And with food, fuel, and just about everything else.