View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 15:03   #9050
Florence
Inactive

Services: The wonders of Sky TV BT line and Aquiss.net ADSL cable dies on 5th RIP VM.
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Florence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appealFlorence has a bronzed appeal
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfProtection View Post
I didn't mean to give you any extra problem, but I thought you needed to know that it would a possible Security problem with Firefox 3 and that it was due for release tomorrow.

If a Website can detected the presence of Webwise, then the WebServer could politely redirect (with a small script) the user back to the Webwise system asking them to turn Webwise OFF.

This would have an added benefit as far as Website Owners are concerned in that the Load on the Webwise System would be increased.
Dependant of course on how many WebServers are blocking/redirecting Webwise.
I have 5 websites willing to use a script that can do this.