View Single Post
Old 28-11-2012, 16:10   #21
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Electronic Cigarettes should i or shouldn't i ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post

He told me that producers and investors are getting jittery as several countries are looking at banning the use or even the sale of vaper materials (he reckons the tobacco barons/tax collectors want to protect their income). The way this country is, I expect the chancellor to announce a tax on them fairly soon (if not I will be very surprised).
Electronic cigarettes (at least the ones that contain nicotine) are already banned in many countries. Apparently, one of the driving forces behind this is the Pharmaceutical Industry who want to protect their sales of relatively ineffective (but very lucrative) NRT such as nicotine patches, gums etc. The spiel is that anything containing nicotine (bar cigarettes of course) is a form of medication and needs to be licensed as medicine (which costs tonnes, which the producers of vaping materials don't have). Consultation in the UK is ongoing, but seems to be heading the sensible way. Europe is less clear.