View Single Post
Old 01-03-2016, 20:50   #2759
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Idiots who post 'answers' to questions on Amazon saying stuff like 'I don't know I haven't got one'...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
People that post on forums with things like 'what he said' or 'this' or '^^^^^'
what's the point ?

Even worse when some body quotes someone else and amends the text and says 'there, i've amended that for you' Smug beyond belief.

I hate that as well. I can't find it now (it would take a long time to search my posting history, so I'm not going to look for it), but I did make a post here that someone quoted me, altered the quote (with the "there, fixed that for you") and totally changed the meaning of what I'd said.. It happened before I was a Mod, and I'm not sure it's against the rules anyway, so I ended up in a little fight with the other poster.

Another thing I hate, people who use that Let Me Google That For You site to post google search results. Why do I hate it? I find it both patronising and rude. We don't know if the person asking a question has googled it and not found the answer to their question. They may also not know what to search for. If they did, why go to the effort of going to a forum, possibly signing up, the finding the right section and posting? I've seen it happen here that a new member has gone to all the effort of signing up and posting only to get a link to search results on Let Me Google That For You.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote