Thread: CCleaner Hacked
View Single Post
Old 18-09-2017, 16:22   #1
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
CCleaner Hacked

I'm not too sure where to post this but as it outlines a possible threat I thought here was as good as anywhere. If a mod feels the thread should be moved to another area then no problem.

18th September 2017.... snippets
Quote:
CCleaner Hacked With Data-Stealing Malware Injection ....... hackers decided to sneak their own code into a recent build of CCleaner for Windows in an attempt to steal data and possibly infect users' systems with even more malicious applications.

The attack took place by piggy-backing onto CCleaner by infiltrating the servers that distribute the software, infecting version 5.33 of the Windows utility and version 1.07 of its cloud-based sister application.

The infected version of CCleaner, 5.33 for Windows, was made available for download on Aug. 15, and its cleaned version, version 5.34, on Sept. 12. The infected version of CCleaner Cloud was made available on Aug. 24, and a clean version on Sept. 15. The Mac and Android versions of CCleaner do not appear to have been affected.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/ccleane...ews-25851.html