Thread: General New TV advice
View Single Post
Old 14-01-2018, 19:09   #29
cityfan247
cf.addict

Services: Full House 2 V6 Boxes 1 1TB Tivo Freesat Freeview HD Roku Apple TV 3 Firesticks
cityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to beholdcityfan247 is a splendid one to behold
Re: New TV advice

Very interesting Buckeye. Thank you for your insight. I shall take your advice and carry out a firmware update.

TV came today. First impressions are very good.

Connected the Tivo , Blu Ray, Firestick and Apple TV easy enough.

Sound is far better than my old Panasonic .....so i may delay on a Soundbar for now.

Watched the Liverpool v City game (well until we went 4-1 down!) on Sky Sports that I only have in SD. Picture was perfectly fine (bar on occasion there was a subtle change up and down on picture brightness that seemed to be on a certain camera angle. Not sure if it was the camera or my TV).

Of course putting on a HD channel the picture quality improved greatly (unsurprisingly of course).

At present I have no 4K content to really show the TV's capabilities. I only have the standard Netflix and a bog standard Samsung Blu-Ray.At some point no doubt i will look to upgrade.

I think the TV will meet my requirements. I am not so much the enthusiast that I would pay 4 figures for a TV and have super high expectancy levels to match.

It is not the most amazing TV ever but I reckon the LG will be a decent performer at a reasonable price .
cityfan247 is offline   Reply With Quote