View Single Post
Old 12-01-2018, 12:18   #3110
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
What I want to know is what's wrong with Nine Elms for the US embassy? Plus why blame Obama for Bush's decision to move it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42657954 I can answer both those points.

Trump is a tool who doesn't check facts before spouting nonsense.
Actually, I should imagine from a security point of view, Nine Elms would have some advantages over the old embassy. For a start, I'll bet it has state of the art security systems and design features built in. Grosvenor square probably had the best security it could, but it was designed and built before 1960. It undoubtedly had the best security features designed into it then, but that was 50 years ago. The threats faced have changed. Also, the Thames makes a potentially handy escape route should something happen at the embassy.

However, Trump actions here are what prompted my comments elsewhere about the Trump playbook. Even though this development was planned under the Bush administration, he isn't blaming the republicans. He is blaming the democrats.

---------- Post added at 12:18 ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
I would say, he doesn’t want to come to London because of his current spat with Sadiq Khan, the worst London Mayor, London has ever had given it’s current issue with crime being on the up massively.
So, you are saying you don't think he is coming here because he is having an argument with someone who isn't even in power over the country? What is he? 12?