View Single Post
Old 18-12-2017, 22:23   #7664
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Will streaming be profitable though?

For instance, if a company gets a premier league package it won't be one of the all games in one round package, because they simply won't have the infrastructure to be able to film all of them in a 2-3 day period.

Whatever package they bid for the cost of filming and distribution will be enormous compared with the benefits.

Just how much will people pay for access to the stream?

NRL (Australian rugby league) is moving to streaming of all games in 2018 - no indication of cost as yet (apart from saying an equivalent for a different sport was approx. £20pm) - NRL was on Premier Sports (£10pm) so as far as I can see there will be few people willing to pay much more than £5pm for access to the streaming.

I i agine the feed will be from Australian broadcasters so apart from cost for the rights and streaming costs there can be little extra costs, but will they be able to make it pay?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote