View Single Post
Old 27-09-2016, 17:50   #3508
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I'm so upset at the moment. I have just phoned the hospital about my gallbladder op and I have now been told that the deadline they gave is looking like it will not be met so that means it will be after November needless to say I have been in tears this morning due to this update and now I don't know what to do. The way I see it is I have three options first one being stay quiet and hope for the best or two go to my GP and see if they can hurry things along or my third option would be to contact the patient affairs manager. I really do not what to do but one thing I do know is I can't stand the thought of suffering from these attacks and they seem to be getting more frequent and lasting longer each time and the pain now seems to be lasting for hours and the being sick part does not relieve the pain at all. Sorry about the rant but I'm just so upset at the thought of this.

I just wish I had the money to go private as the pain is that bad! This is the first time I have felt let down by the NHS and I know I should feel lucky that I will get the operation done but the pain is awful, I suppose I'm just feeling rather down and sorry for myself atm.
I'd be having a word with the consultant's secretary and explaining the situation you're in with the frequent and increasing pain etc. via an email so it's on the record and not able to be 'forgotten' about. With the best will in the world, there's no way they can know how badly each patient is doing whilst on the waiting list and I'm sure they won't want to take the risk that this develops into severe pancreatitis having been warned in advance. Look at it this way, if you have a really bad attack you could well wind up in A&E like I did and then they'd quite possibly have to act as an emergency. I'm sure you're trying to be brave for your family but you do need to inform them that your situation is worsening so that they can hopefully get you in as soon as possible. I know exactly how you feel and my thoughts are with you weenie.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote