View Single Post
Old 20-03-2008, 23:03   #1554
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Is there a simple web page anywhere that explains the key issues and what people should do about it?

I ask because, although I work in IT, this completely passed me by until I read the Berners-Lee article on the BBC site on Monday. Some Google work that evening brought me more up to date.

None of my collegues, nor anyone else I know has any idea about this.

It strikes me that this campaign needs to go a lot wider (remember the e-mail linked, Downing Street petition against road-use charging).

If I e-mail people I know about this, it would be useful to be able to refer them to a page that simply explains the issues and what to do. e.g. Sign the petition, query ISP, write to MP, send DP notice to ISP and e-mail their friends about it.

Most people I know would be concerned and I believe that only a mass campaign would kill this off for good.