View Single Post
Old 25-04-2024, 10:13   #6
Peter729
cf.addict

Peter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the roughPeter729 is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up Re: Underground cable installation question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
You need to establish whether there is already a wayleave in place for utility companies to do this work. Though it sounds to me as if neither VM nor your neighbour have troubled themselves to find that out. It sounds like your neighbour has simply told the installer that it will be fine, presumably on the basis that they walk on the cobbles without any issue so burying cables under them should be fine too.

But your situation is too urgent for the internet to solve unfortunately. You need to phone the planning office at your local council and make sure you lead on the phrase ‘listed building’ - if you make it about access and consent they will tell you it’s not their problem and to go hire a lawyer.
Good advice

VM are known for just "going ahead regardless" they wanted to dig up land in the front my house, when i asked them what they were doing they said it was Council land and they had permission, I asked to see the permission and they couldn't find it. I showed them a copy of the Land Registry map for my property which clearly shows the land is mine.

Last edited by Peter729; 25-04-2024 at 10:20.
Peter729 is offline   Reply With Quote