View Single Post
Old 14-12-2017, 13:56   #11
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Rupert Murdoch set to sell off 21st Century Fox assets to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Disney are buying 39% of Sky from Fox. But Fox still want to buy all of Sky? So they'll sell part and then try to buy 100%? That makes no sense?

Is it just me being thick but i cant wrap my head around that whatsoever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I assume they're going ahead with the investigation whilst they await for the deal to be done. Maybe Disney will inherit the process of buying 100% of Sky.

One of the concerns over the Sky deal was the Murdochs owning both Sky News and News International (The Sun, The Times). That's obviously gone.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...r-media-empire

Number 4 (part of):

Quote:
Disney’s takeover of Fox, which could take months to gain clearance in the US, will not impact the CMA continuing its investigation. Until the Disney deal gets shareholder and regulator go-ahead, the CMA must still act as if Murdoch is buying Sky.

Either way, if Disney ultimately inherits the Sky stake after the CMA has blocked the deal currently being pursued by the Murdochs, Disney can simply use the 39% shareholding to launch another full bid for Sky.