Thread: General New TV advice
View Single Post
Old 15-01-2018, 15:20   #31
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: New TV advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The V6 has UHD on Netflix and YouTube. And you'd get a suitable HDMI lead for free with the V6.
The TV cityfan247 has ordered will have native webOS apps for both so no need to upgrade to a V6 to get them in UHD.

P.S. Can anyone with a V6 and Netflix tell me does the V6 Netflix app also give Dolby Vision on the 4K content or does it just offer 4K on its own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You probably have to manually enable HDR on your inputs, this may also give you an HDR setting for normal TV which you may or may not wish to use, i dont think i use it in my Samsung.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kevinmu...r-on-an-lg-tv/

Yes you're correct, I can't read that Forbes link as I have an ad blocker running so in case it doesn't say so the setting is in "general settings" then "HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour" where you can enable or disable for each HDMI input.
I don't recall having to change any settings or enable anything to get HDR on the Amazon app or Dolby Vision on the Netflix app.
buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote