View Single Post
Old 26-12-2017, 13:30   #3816
jj20x

Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
On the regular channel (979) the listings said "Channel No Longer Available" but the slate said "temporarily unvailable".
Did it really?

The scan data shows that, as I have stated previously, several times, the service replacement slate was displayed 24/7. The service replacement slate is done through SDT linkage, which indicates that the replacement service was SID 2101, "Channel Off Air Slate". The "Channel Off Air Slate" is the (static) video stream displayed when any channel is off-air. It doesn't state "temporarily unavailable", it states "We'll be Back. This channel is not on air right now. Check the GUIDE to find out what's on when." So, basically the slate refers the viewer to the guide which, as you have pointed out stated "Channel No Longer Available".

That's not a temporarily unavailable message, it's a loop of confusion. The standard off-air slate used on a service (SID 1709) which was, indeed, no longer available.

Quote:
I think it remained behind the subscription wall too.
Well, the SDT flags for subscription and PIN access for adult channels remained in place.

I'm not sure why you even brought this up when it is clear from the thread that the "new" Playboy service (SID 1710) had been testing from around Dec 12th and, in any event had totally replaced the original service (SID 1709) by Dec 19th. I think this subject has been exhausted.